The ASTPM is a non-profit trade association representing the major welded carbon steel tube and pipe manufacturers in South Africa. Collectively, the members produce a complete range of tube and pipe for all conveyance and structural applications to the highest international standards. About 380,000 tons of welded carbon steel pipe was produced last year, of which 100,000 tons were exported.
The objectives of the Association are:
- Promotion of the use of welded carbon steel tube and pipe.
- Representation of common interests to government, quasi government and other organisations.
- Promotion of import replacement, where and when economic and feasible.
- Promotion of the export of welded carbon steel tube and pipe.
- Co-operation without collusion between the members.
South Africa's steel tube and pipe industry- product range
There are currently ten ASTPM manufacturers of welded carbon steel pipe and tube in South Africa. Between them they manufacture the following products:
- Seven manufacture ERW pipes and tubes ranging from 13,5mm NB to 200mm NB.
- One manufacturer produces ERW pipes from 200mm NB to 500mm NB.
- Two manufacturers of spirally welded DSAW pipes from 600mm NB to 3000mm NB.
- There is one manufacturer of seamless carbon and low alloy steel pipes up to 150mm NB.
- Structural hollow sections in a full range of standard sizes from 63,5mm OD to 508 OD with square and rectangular derivatives.
Contact details: ASTPMTel: +27 11 823 2377
Fax: +27 11 823 2377
15 Esson Road
Mobile: +27 82 573 7223
PO Box 18587
Colin Shaw - Executive Director
Margaret Olivier - Secretary